- There are so many variations of technology that store and transmit data nowadays, including tablets, operating systems, servers, smart phones, laptops and more.
- Because data is stored and transmitted on these devices it means their security is critical.
- Many business owners live in fear that they will fall victim to a security breach.
- Today’s realm of IT security is more unstable than ever before, as new threats develop and hackers grow more deceptive.
- Maintaining a secure network is becoming an impossible challenge for business owners all over the world.
- So, as a managed service provider, it is our job to make you well aware of the risks, sharing examples that have been highlighted in the media and explaining how your data and compliance practices are compromised when such an event arises. It is one of the reasons to choose Managed service provider.
Proactive approach to maintenance
- Business owners have no time to spend thinking about their IT infrastructure, worrying about things such as the dependability and speed of the network connections, and other concerns.
- By working with an MSP they are afforded the luxury of all day, every day, around the clock coverage.
- Security solutions and services such as Remote Monitoring Management(RMM) are always working to detect potential threats, vulnerabilities or potential disturbances.
- When you provide fully managed IT support, bugs and issues can most often be troubleshot and remediated before they are ever a concern to the business owner.
- Owners are happy to pay for such a service, as CEOs and others have no time to be verifying that backups are done properly.
- It has become more than clear that data management on the cloud is becoming more important to the customers and when business work with the right MSP, customers take advantage of proactive business continuity solutions, such as Backup and Disaster Recovery(BDR), by combining RMM intelligence with regular and encrypted backups and cloud computing. It is one of the reasons to choose managed service provider.
- Today, every organisation needs to be completely prepared for emergencies such as security breaches, power failures, data loss or other disasters that could damage their data.
- There’s a definite need for 100% uptime and work continuity, and by including BDR as part of IT infrastructure, it will act as a key solution to ensure the safety of client’s valuable data in any disaster situation.
- As a trusted MSP, it’s our role to help clients and prospects identify and prevent the kind of damaging impact a downtime event could have on their organisation.
- To avoid long-term downtime, SMBs can choose an MSP that will keep their IT systems moving smoothly and efficiently, so they can focus on their core business operations.
- By outsourcing basic IT functions, SMBs will be able to increase uptime and allocate their internal staff resources to focus on strategic projects and business activities that will help improve their business.
Access to newer technologies
- The SMBs would need a MSP who will act as an partner in growth , as SMB may have over-burdened IT staff with employees who may lack the skills and training for certain tasks or can’t handle the whole of the company’s network on their own.
- In response, these companies recognise the value of working with an outside technical support team.
- Not only does IT outsourcing help with having an extra team of IT experts able to troubleshoot and remediate issues that arise, clients benefit from having access to the latest technology and business-grade solutions that maintain uptime and profitability, such as remote monitoring and management(RMM), backup and disaster recovery(BDR) and cloud computing.
- Investing in these tools increases the reliability of organization’s IT infrastructure.
- It is one of the main reasons to choose the managed service provider.
Efficiency and reliability
- In a recent study, 56% of companies said that added efficiency and reliability were key drivers for moving to a Managed Services Provider.
- Efficient and reliable systems are two of the top demands on IT professionals, so this is a pretty good reason to start considering a managed services provider.
- Managed services providers employ a Network Operations Centre (NOC) that will monitor your systems 24hours a day with a combination of manual and automated procedures.
- With a NOC in place, system issues are often detected and resolved before your IT staff even knows they happened.
- Also, the increased security provided by a managed services organization will help fend off hackers and viruses, which will ultimately boost the overall reliability of your systems.
Flexibility and scalability
- As your business grows and evolves, your systems need the ability to grow as well.
- With a managed provider, you have the ability to scale up and down as required, which can be a big cost saver as well.
- Managed Services providers also can help by solving an immediate problem, and then helping you build up to improve your overall IT strategy.
- This cannot really be said about the software or new employee options that were mentioned above.
- This is one of the reasons to choose managed service providers.
Cost effectiveness and Return on Investment
- The cost savings associated with managed services is considerable, making it another reason that using MSP’s is desirable.
- This fact has an incredible amount of business value, but many business owners are unaware of just how significant this is.
- It is your job as a managed service provider to explain to your clients how MSPs help control outgoing expenses and increase ROI.
An IT budget consists of many items, including:
- Hardware costs
- Software and network infrastructure
- Maintenance costs
- IT labor
- The businesses you work with need to understand every-way that managed services can benefit them financially, especially where the aforementioned maintenance costs are concerned.
- Using outdated software can have detrimental effects on ROI, and this is avoided with MSPs.
- In additional it provides the flexibility and scalability needed to grow or scale back in a way not possible with internal IT teams.